EU-US Privacy Shield Statement
Rainforest aims to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Rainforest strives to adhere to the Swiss-US Privacy Shield and the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability.
To learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield programs please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov
For the European market, Rainforest collects and processes European data taking into account the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal Information That We Collect
Rainforest collects several types of personal information from website visitors, platform users, employees, customers, suppliers, services providers, advisers, consultants, other professional experts, complainants and enquirers.
How We Use the Personal Information That We Collect
We use personal information to:
- Support the processing of our Services (e.g. products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research)
- Maintain our customer accounts and records (e.g. name, email address, billing address and credit card information).
- Carry out our contractual and legal obligations
- Support and manage our employees
- Send emails, newsletters, and marketing communications
- Respond to questions and concerns from customers or data subjects
Rainforest may share personal information with contracted third parties such as our service providers. See “Disclosure of Personal Information” below.
Web Tracking Technologies
We use web tracking technology to understand usage of our Services and IP addresses. More broadly, technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Rainforest and our online service and marketing providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around our Website, and to gather demographic information about our website user base as a whole.
Making Changes to Personal Information and Opt-Out
Where Rainforest receives personal information for use in our Services in the EU or Switzerland, Rainforest will provide individuals with an opportunity to opt-out to prevent such personal information being disclosed to a third-party. Users may request a change to their personal information or to opt-out by sending us a written explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org Where information cannot be changed or removed, we will tell the user the reason(s). We will provide confirmation that the request has been processed within (30) days upon receipt of the request.
Protection of Personal Information
Rainforest classifies personal information as confidential. We maintain reasonable security measures to protect confidential information from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Our Website and Services use transport layer security (TLS) technology. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If users of our services have any questions about security on our Website and Services, they can email us at email@example.com
Retention of Personal Information
Rainforest retains personal information for only as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or as otherwise reasonably necessary for our business purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We sometimes share the personal information we process with the data subject themselves and also with other organizations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of data protection legislation of the applicable domains of operation e.g., European GDPR. We may disclose personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Rainforest is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. In this case users will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices data subjects may have regarding their personal information.
Social Media Features
Links to Other Websites
If we make any material changes to this policy we will notify impacted data subjects by email or by means of a notice on this Website. We encourage users to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Contact Us | Dispute Resolution Related to This Policy