Queue Classic 3 was released!
We at Rainforest have been using queue_classic for a while now, and we are now the maintainers for it and a few of its extensions too. Our first order of business as new maintainers is making it more awesome!
To that end we have just released a major new version of queue_classic that has been in the works for a long time now, thanks to all the contributors and Ryan Smith, its original author.
So what's new in queue_classic 3?
Here are some of the major features:
- queue_classic workers now support multiple queues
- better handling of crashes: workers will unlock all jobs locked by (now) dead workers when starting
- improvement around setup and upgrades, including database migrations
- a lot of refactoring and code improvement by Ryan
- many bug fixes and smaller improvements
I encourage you to upgrade queue_classic to v3 and use some of its new shiny features. You can see them steps to upgrade in the README.
Finally, you might be interested in taking a look at some other tools related to queue_classic, they should all work with queue_classic 3: